Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week of Craziness

    So this will be my last post for a while! I am desperately trying to get everything together/get some schoolwork done before I leave on Thursday. I cannot possibly explain how excited I am for this trip! Italy and Spain were the top two places I had left to visit and I cannot wait to see them! My art teacher sent me a list of sights to see in Rome and Florence (much appreciated) and I cannot wait to eat EVERYTHING. Pizza, pasta, canolis, gelato...I can't even talk about it or I won't be able to focus again. Anyway, one last update before I leave!
    So I didn't do anything for Halloween because I was sick which was pretty upsetting. I've had a pretty bad cold since Ice Bar (possibly the two are connected...) and I wanted to be better for this trip! I managed to finish a second essay over the weekend so two down, six to go. I also didn't get to see my Australian friends which is a big disappointment but I'm hoping they may be back in London some time soon! I did manage to do a couple things this weekend though.
     Saturday we went for a very long walk through Hyde Park which is very pretty! Central Park was based on this park so it's got to be pretty good. It's connected to Kensington Gardens and the whole place together is massive! There are so many wonderful parks in London. I'm actually going to post all my pictures from various parks so hopefully I can remember which ones they all are!

view of Buckingham Palace from St. James Park

St James Park
leaves changing in Green Park!

weeping willow in Hyde Park. we walked underneath and it felt like Alice in Wonderland

garden in Hyde Park

Serpentine river which runs through Hyde Park

Us trying to imitate the statue. Poor Katie. The things we do to her
    The best thing we have done in the parks was paddle boating along the Serpentine! Naturally the boys had to do all the paddling (thanks ladies) but it was a great time!
getting our leg workout for the day

lounging on the paddle boat

view of Hyde Park from our boat

swan that we chased for an unhealthy amount of time
   Besides that I am busy writing essays and making itineraries for this trip! I will be gone for nine days and then have two presentations due the Monday after I get back. Don't be expecting a post until at least the 15th but let me just say, it will definitely be an exciting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment