Thursday, November 25, 2010

Staying Updated

       So! I'm determined to stay super up to date with my blog so that I'm not still working on it when I get back (and I have a feeling there is going to be a lot going on the next few weeks - most of which is school work but whatever). I don't really have much to report on! But, I did go on the London Eye last night! I loved it! For some reason, I like London so much more at night. The view from it was really spectacular. I went with Katie and Emily, but my camera broke on our way up! I have a few pictures that I will put up later but I was really mad, it was such a great opportunity for picture taking! Either way, I'm glad I went on it, it was one of my favorite things I have done in London. Afterwards, Emily and I were trying to find a place to eat when we came upon Ed's in Soho. I had completely forgotten that my friend Hilary recommended it before! It's a small diner with a really nice atmosphere. Since we're going to be at an airport tonight for our Thanksgiving dinner, we thought we would go all out last night. We got burgers and fries and dipped them in everything unhealthy that we could find. We also had "alcoshakes"- milkshakes with alcohol in then. Mine was dark rum and chocolate. I could taste the rum a little bit but it wasn't too bad. We're going to go back and try the Bailey's milkshake! I went out to a pub called O'Neills afterwards because a friend of mine has to leave early (Sunday) because he's not feeling well and somehow managed to finish all of his work super early! His twin sister is also in town so we spent some time at the pub until I headed in pretty early. I finished my fourth paper today! Four down, four to go. My first round is due next Friday, so I'm trying to get my act together. I have three due next Friday, and then four due on the 16th! I have one left to finish for next Friday (and some edits to make to the other two), but I'm hoping by staying in town next weekend I'll actually get something done (I haven't been in one place for more than a week in a long time).  But tonight, off to Budapest! I've heard that it's beautiful so I am pretty excited. After that though, it is very doubtful that I will leave the country again until I come back. I need a break, I am so sick of airports! These are my 7th and 8th flights in the last few weeks and I don't want to fly on a plane for a long time (well for three weeks after this until I fly home). Anyway, many more things to do in London when I get back! Tower of London, Harrod's, Topshop, Oxford, Cambridge, Westminster Abbey, and Wimbledon are all on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment