Sunday, September 26, 2010

Paris Day 1 continued!

Alright, time to keep going! So we left the Arc de Triomphe and headed towards the Eiffel Tower. I don't think I've taken more pictures of anything in my life (this includes my outfit at the Britney Spears concert, which was my greatest creation ever).  It is quite the sight to see. Here is a little glimpse at some of the pics:

it really doesn't look much taller than us...

but it's pretty tall...

...and beautiful.

So the lines to get up to the top were crazy so we decided to get dinner and come back at night. We went to a restaurant nearby and I had my first duck! It was delicious!

i <3 duck

So from there, we decided to go back to the Eiffel Tower to go up, but unfortunately there was a bomb threat and we couldn't get close. It was actually kind of scary, there were people with machine guns everywhere. We still got some awesome pictures of the light show though!

i throw my hands up in the air sometimes...saying aa-yo gotta let go

light show!

beautiful

So that pretty much sums up our first day! Later that day we did a little shopping at Monoprix, which is like Target and it was so cheap! We got a bottle of champagne to celebrate for a euro and 29 cents (that's about $1.60). I'll just say we got what we paid for. We went out to some clubs in Paris and these people know how to go all night long! It 3 in the morning and no one was even thinking about leaving! We met a lot of interesting people and they all were very nice. They were all impressed that I knew all the words to the songs. I mean, they played the David Guetta remix to Bad Romance, who wouldn't know that? Finally, at 6 am, we were home and in bed after an eventful and amazing first day in Paris.

By the way, the name of the day "Mange. Mange. Mange." means "Eat. Eat. Eat." We kept seeing posters for Eat, Pray, Love and I decided our day was more like "Eat. Eat. Eat." so i went with that!

Will continue with Day 2 soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment