Sunday, October 17, 2010

Updates

Sorry I haven't posted on here in a little bit - not much going on here. I'm trying to get started on my schoolwork but I'm finding it a little difficult because there is so little structure. Plus, I have 8 essays to do this semester, and only one is due before December! I definitely cannot procrastinate.

I went out for my first nice dinner last night to a restaurant in Piccadilly Circus called "Chiquito" with my friend Emily. She was having an intense craving for Mexican so we basically just wandered around until we stumbled into one. We ate our weight in nachos and churros and made ourselves walk home to work some of it off. Later I went to a pub called "The Rocket" (I may have mentioned it before) and had a great time. I went with a friend, but she was with another friend so I was kind of left to my own devices. I just befriended a group of Indians from LSE and we had a great time! It's so interesting how many different people you meet here. It really is a crossroads- there are people from all over.

I finally booked my flights for my break week and we are going to Italy and Spain! I'm not really sure how many people are coming ( I just booked my flights with two friends and we're just going to tell other people where will be if they want to join). November 4th I leave for Rome with Katie and Jordan (who lives on my hall and also goes to Penn!) and we stay for a few days before heading to Florence for a couple days, and finally Barcelona! I am super excited to see the Sistine Chapel. Words can't even describe. Also, all my readings for my art history class are about Florence so I am so pumped to finally see it in person! I'm going to be so knowledgeable (well maybe a little bit). I'm just going to memorize where a few things are and who built them and try to show off for the other people there (probably won't work). I've also heard amazing things about Barcelona! A friend of mine here studied there for a month and loved every minute of it. I'm just going to have to get used to going out in Spain - the night doesn't even begin until 1. Since I am usually in bed by then I'm going to need to rest up! Hope that everything is good in the USA and will hopefully be doing some exciting London things soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment