Friday, October 8, 2010

Classes

     So I actually started classes this week...and I'm already totally lost. It's not that the material is too hard (though it does seem pretty difficult) but they are just so vague about what is actually required! I know I'll just be writing a couple papers in each class, and there are no recitations or discussions, so I'm not sure what I actually have to read. They just "recommend" certain readings. It's hard to tell what is actually required! I have to start reading this weekend but I don't even know how to access these readings! No class really has a textbook and the readings are just pulled from random sources. I'm going to Scotland in three hours so I have a funny feeling that I will just end up reading some of my James Patterson book. Oh well.
    I'm currently getting ready to go on my first weekend trip! I'm going to Edinburgh to visit my friend Hilary who is studying there. She has laryngitis right now, but I'm hoping the trip is ok anyway! I am pretty exhausted, but I should be able to sleep on my TEN HOUR BUS RIDE. Oh, the life of a college student.
     I finally got to hang out with Katie and Garrett last night and we had a great time! It's nice to see people who really know you well. As much as I enjoy making new friends, it's always comforting to talk to someone who knows a little more about where you're coming from. We went to a pub called the Rocket. It's always full of students because it is right by UCL so it was really fun. Cider is delicious! They had a strawberry one that I loved. I love strawberry anything. The three of us are also going to Ireland together in November! Gonna kiss that blarney stone! I just read an article calling it the most unhygienic tourist attraction in the world. We're going to bring some Lysol.
     More pictures to come after this weekend!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment